Bio-STARTM NitroBac is a liquid blend of nitrifying bacteria of the strains Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter. This product was specifically developed for aerobic wastewater treatment systems and allows a rapid and successful establishment of nitrification in aerated lagoons and activated sludge processes for municipal and industrial wastewater, landfills, steel plants, refineries, refineries, food processors/renderers, and chemical producers. The success of this bioaugmentation normally requires a review of solids retention time, dissolved oxygen, pH, alkalinity, effluent BOD, and the potential impact of inhibitory substances. When nitrification is inhibited by a too high BOD or by inhibitory substances, it is recommended to set up a program to reduce the organic load under inhibitory levels prior to Bio-STAR NitroBac addition.
- Rapid recovery from nitrification upsets caused by organic or inhibitory shocks, hydraulic overloads, or sudden solids loss.
- Improve nitrification efficiencies or solidly establish nitrification in chronically underperforming systems
- Extend the nitrification period in a cold climate.
- Provide a nitrifying seed for seasonal start-ups.
- Reduce chlorine consumption caused by nitrite buildup.
- Minimize the impact of under-designed systems on nitrification.
- Retrofit equipment for use as biological ammonium polishing units in low BOD streams
|Bacterial type||Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter consortium|
|Biological pathway||strict aerobic|
|Pathogenic bacteria||Salmonella/Shigella free|
|pH range||6.5 – 8.5|
|Effective temperature range||8º – 44º C|
|Shelf life||4-8 months refrigerated|